Now that the market appears to be semi-turning around, been thinking about eyeing some deep value plays. Here are 7 that are on my list and why:
- Intel Corporation ($INTC): Keep an eye on Intel as it navigates its manufacturing turnaround strategy. The company aims to regain market share in the semiconductor industry while exploring new growth opportunities in AI, data centers, and 5G technology.
- CVS Health Corporation ($CVS): CVS stands to benefit from the continued integration of Aetna, as well as improvements in retail pharmacy and healthcare services. Watch for growth opportunities in telehealth and in-store clinics as the healthcare market evolves.
- Wells Fargo & Co ($WFC): As Wells Fargo resolves regulatory issues and lifts asset cap restrictions, it's well-positioned to implement cost-cutting measures and improve overall business performance and profitability.
- AT&T Inc. ($T): AT&T's debt reduction strategy and growth in its core telecommunications business are key factors to watch. Additionally, the expansion of HBO Max could drive subscriber growth and help the company compete effectively in the streaming market.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. ($GILD): Gilead's advancements in pipeline products, strategic acquisitions, and partnerships could propel growth in key therapeutic areas such as oncology, HIV, and liver diseases.
- ViacomCBS Inc. ($VIAC): ViacomCBS is poised to benefit from rapid growth in its streaming services (Paramount+), effective monetization of its content library, and sustained recovery of advertising revenues in the post-pandemic environment.
- International Business Machines Corporation ($IBM): IBM's transition to a hybrid cloud and AI-focused business model, growth in its cloud services, and Red Hat acquisition are expected to drive the company's future success.
What are your thoughts on deep value for these current market conditions?