6 New Starter Positions
As always, I will continue to pick up tiny starter positions in companies that fascinate me. This strategy helps me keep track of them and entices me to add to them over time -- especially if they continually outperform.
Here is the list and a concise reason why I bought each:
- $THO - Way more stable than I ever would have expected -- strong in troubling times and consistently profitable with improving trends in its favor from younger generations.
- $CACC - Unbelievable compounding over time in the "high-risk" auto lending space. Often seen as predatory, but usually, the only option left for many. Not sure what to think of this grey area -- what are your thoughts?
- $POOL - Generates most of its revenue from recurring sales, maintenance, etc., versus needing new pool construction nonstop. -- 1% div and 18% payout ratio.
- $ODFL - Most profitable less-than-truckload operator out there will only grow in importance with time -- 0.4% div and 9% payout ratio.
- $CGNX - Dominant in the machine vision space and has many attractive, rapidly growing verticals to lean on -- 0.6% div and 16% payout ratio.
- $NNI - Price to tangible book value of 1, and a weird business. Collecting repayments on student loans and would benefit from a government-induced student loan bailout -- 1.2% div and 8% payout ratio.
View 8 more comments