The Federal Reserve buys and sells securities and sets interest rates. It targets borrowing costs, money creation, price stability, and productivity.
Latest data: February 22nd 2023
TLDR: Last week, the Fed trimmed $28bn net from its Treasury security holdings and trimmed $2bn net from its mortgage-backed security (MBS) holdings. The total amount of Reserve Bank credit shrank by $44bn net.
- The 10-year Treasury yield rose by 12bp to 3.93%
- The 30-year fixed-rate mortgage rose by 20bp to 6.32%
- The market expects the federal funds rate to peak between 5.25–5.5%
The Federal Reserve buys and sells securities
And sets interest rates
It targets borrowing costs
- I will update this data weekly, usually Friday morning British time
- Let me know in the comments if you would like something changed or added
- I also share this weekly update as a thread on Twitter if you prefer that