Feel like $SOFI is about to rip if today's overall market rally has any legs. This stock probably has one of highest mixes of + and - sentiment and tailwinds/headwinds. Earnings next week. I bought a little over a hundred shares so I could sell CCs on it too, but I sold a call when the stock was trending down for like $8 premium and $8 strike, expiring next Friday. Now regretting that move. Might sell some other holdings to double down on a possible swing trade or to keep as a long position should my shares get called. I don't know. Just thinking through it here.
Really tough to write covered calls on a volatile stock like $SOFI. Any reason you chose that strategy as opposed to writing puts?
@tomato I only have limited options in my account, but also I'm just starting out with options, so just learning the ropes with a basic strategy to generate a little extra cash in this market. My issue was really patience. I should've waited for a decent premium at a strike price that I was good with selling at for an acceptable trade return. Hindsight 20/20.