One year check-up on my 2022 Birthday Buys (as of Market Close 1/20/23):
- Entry Price: $218.78
- Current Price: $162.21
- Change: -25.9%
- Average Cost Basis: $217.85
- Number of Buys: 2 buys, 4 shares total
- Opinion: Target has definitely taken its lumps over the past year with the whole inventory position thing. I am a little upset I bought at the top, but it was at the top of my Scorecard at the time and I am trusting my process. It has had a bit of a run up so far this year, so I will continue to track. No plans to sell within at least the next 2 years.
- Entry Price: $285.55
- Current Price: $253.66
- Change: -11.3%
- Average Cost Basis: $285.55
- Number of Buys: 1 buy, 1 share
- Opinion: Purchased since railroads were the only target sector I had no exposure in. Will not plan to make any sales for at least 2 years.
- Entry Price: $198.13
- Current Price: $214.52
- Change: +8.3%
- Average Cost Basis: $209.10
- Number of Buys: 2 buys, 2 shares total
- Opinion: $HSY has been my best "pick" since I have been investing. I researched, put the leg work in up front, was confident in myself, and I have been rewarded. I am purchasing again as part of my Scoreboard Buy of the Week this week. Proof that this was a good buy and I am continuing to actively add to this position.
- Entry Price: $142.49
- Current Price: $135.13
- Change: -5.2%
- Average Cost Basis: $129.81
- Number of Buys: 4 buys, 4 shares total
- Opinion: Kimberly-Clark was another company I tracked, researched and planned to make a confident buy. This CPG company has been a steady compounder for a number of years. I was able to take advantage of the dip in the Spring/Summer of 2022 and lower my cost basis. Overall, I am positive on this position and am excited to continue to hold
Overall, my 2022 buys were much more sound than my 2021 buys. Hopefully the trend continues and my 2023 buys will be even better! This is a fun activity to see how my picking and evaluation methods are improving and changing over time.