Quad Witching Friday!
Reminder that Friday is Quadruple Witching this week.
If you're not familiar with it and why it matters, here's a brief explanation:
- the third Friday of every March, June, September, December
- derivatives expire - this includes market index futures/options futures/stock options/stock futures, resulting in increased volatility (futures/options generally expire 3rd Friday of every month)
- investors try and unwind their futures & options positions before the contracts expire, often including repurchasing contracts and closing out position market capitalizations
- "quadruple witching hour" is the last hour of these trading days
- Quadruple witching days are usually accompanied by considerable stock & derivative price volatility, as well as increased trading volume.
(see Investopedia link below for full details)
Thx for the reminder totally forgot we have Quadruple Witching Friday.
Ooh, I appreciate the reminder! Apparently a bent coin ($BENTCOIN? lol!) has been thought to serve as protection against witches. In any case, be careful out there and try to enjoy the long weekend :)